On June 17, 2020, WhereoWare presented a truly informative Webinar regarding Email Deliverability. The Webinar is currently on-demand & encourage you to watch it today!
Email marketing for small businesses is an essential part of keeping clients informed of your products, services and content. Often the approach to email marketing can differ between a large corporation and a small business.
A small business can easily use their email marketing to build trust with local customers at a faster pace than a large corporation. This is because small businesses are can resonate with smaller communities a lot easier.
What is Email Deliverability?
According to Campaign Monitor, Email deliverability is the ability to deliver emails to subscribers’ inboxes. It is what some marketers use to gauge the likelihood of their email campaigns reaching their subscribers’ inboxes related to actual delivery–like ISPs, throttling, bounces, spam issues, and bulking.
Why is your email not reaching the inbox?
There are various variables as to why your email is not reaching your Subscribers inbox. To learn what those are, it’s important to deep dive on your:
- Database Health
- IP & Domain Reputation
- Email Content
- Send Patterns / Analytics
What are some best practices small businesses can follow for better results?
- Avoid making any drastic changes to volume & frequency.
- With multiple newsletters, try to send email blasts to targeted audiences to minimize desensitizing Subscribers to your emails.
- Closely manage your Database, adding subscribers to a suppression list based on Hard & Soft bounces
- Personalize your emails as often as possible
- Constantly review your email analytics & pivot your email marketing efforts Click-through rate, Click-to-open rate, Unsubscribe rate, Bounce rate (hard and soft), Spam complaints, Social shares